Drone footage provided by Douglas Productions.
Donate to our New Home!
Learn more about our new home!
We are happy to announce that our new home will be ready in Early 2021!
Thanks to a transformational gift of $5 Million, generously given by Kim and Stu Lang, we broke ground in September 2019, and are preparing to move in early 2021. The new building, to be located at 190 Hanlon Creek Blvd, and will be a bright, spacious, and comfortable space for vulnerable animals in Guelph and Wellington County.
Fundraising is well underway, but we can’t do it without you! Join the thousands of excited community members who are supporting the building of a new home for vulnerable animals in Guelph and Wellington County, and donate generously today!
Make a lasting gift to the animals through our Naming Opportunities.
Honour a pet, person, or family member by permanently naming a section of the shelter. It is a beautiful way to help animals in our community. Opportunities start at $1,000 Click here for more information.
A Renewed Vision For The Future
The Guelph Humane Society has operated out of the same location for more than 50 years. We are building a new facility were animals will get the same compassionate care they always have but will have improved spaces to minimize their stress.
Our new home will create a more uplifting and invigorating space for our animals, staff and volunteers.
Our Future Home will:
- Be spacious and welcoming
- Have more opportunities for animal enrichment
- Dogs will have indoor-outdoor access
- More spacious and calming cat enclosures
- Dedicated small animal room
- Have plenty of natural light and eco-friendly atmosphere
- Give visitors more space to interact with the animals in our care
- Include dedicated space for medical exams, training, grooming, intake of surrendered pets and injured wildlife, and education programs
- Provide lots of fresh air, with separate HVAC systems
Charitable Registration #: 119236305RR0001