Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Program Details and Requirements
Guelph Humane Society (GHS) is pleased to bring low-cost spay and neuter efforts in the City of Guelph, Guelph Eramosa, and Centre Wellington Township, thanks to a generous grant from PetSmart Charities of Canada. GHS is partnering with Ontario Veterinary College to provide under-resourced, owned pets with spay/neuter surgeries. This innovative collaboration is the first of its kind in our community, where previously there have been very limited low-cost spay neuter options.
Who is eligible?
- Barn cats (who live in a barn with a caretaker or owner)
- Cats and dogs of Community Veterinary Outreach clients.
The grant will fund 10 clinics, beginning in Spring 2019, and will provide approximately 150 spays/neuter surgeries for owned pets. Specific program details will be released later in March 2019.
Why is the eligibility of the program limited?
The low-cost spay/neuter clinic is specifically targeted in order to have the most impact in our community. Specifically:
- GHS consistently see barns filled with dozens of cats, whose owners recognize the overpopulation problem but cannot afford multiplespay/neuter surgeries.
- There is a constant waitlist of Community Veterinary Outreach clients with cats and dogs who would benefit greatly from subsidizedspay/neuter surgery. Community Veterinary Outreach helps to provide veterinary care for pets whose owners are homeless or are vulnerably housed.
If I’m not eligible for this specific program, are there other resources I can access for low-cost spay neuter?
Check out the list of resources published by Humane Canada at https://www.humanecanada.ca/is_there_a_low_cost_spay_neuter_clinic_near_me
If you would like to learn more, call us at 519-824-3091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with the Ontario Veterinary College, GHS will be holding 10 spay/neuter clinics in 2019!
We are recruiting for the following volunteer roles for these clinics:
- Volunteer Veterinary Surgeon
- Volunteer Veterinary Technician (RVT)
- Volunteer Veterinary Assistant (Student)
Please click on the role to learn more!
If you are interested in volunteering, please click here.
If you would like to learn more about volunteer opportunities for the spay/neuter clinics, call us at 519-824-3091 or email email@example.com