The Guelph Humane Society will have a booth at this event, come out and learn about how to be prepared in an emergency!
Here are the event details from the organizer:
FIRE DEPARTMENT OPEN HOUSE AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION DAY
Rockwood Fire Hall, 5141 Wellington Road 27
Saturday, May 4, 2019
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Barbeque from 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
Extrication Demonstration begins at 11:00 a.m.
DRAW and PRIZES
The Township of Guelph/Eramosa Fire Department, along with their Emergency Response Partners, is hosting an Open House and Information Day on Saturday May 4, 2019. This event is being held in conjunction with National Emergency Preparedness Week which runs from May 5 – 11, 2019. Fire and Emergency Services serving the Township of Guelph/Eramosa and Wellington County will be at this event to present an exciting and informative day for the community.
* Do you know what your community risks are?
* What would you do if a tornado struck your house?
* Are you prepared for power outages?
* Do you have enough of the right supplies in your home to be self sufficient for 3 days? Are you prepared for an emergency?
* View some of the response capabilities that the Township currently has.
* Combination Smoke/Co Alarms will be available for purchase.
Come out and meet your local Firefighters, O.P.P., Military and other response team partners. Watch an auto extrication event and practice with the fire extinguisher simulator. Spray some water from the tanker and then enjoy a barbecue lunch with Sparky. Be sure to enter the draw for prizes.
Also, the Township will be holding its 2019 Green Tree Legacy distribution day. Non-perishable food donation items will accepted on behalf of East Wellington Community Services.
(Image from Guelph/Eramosa Township website)