The calendar contest is an exciting way to celebrate your amazing pet while fundraising for the most vulnerable animals in our community.
Here’s how to get started:
1) Take a clear photo of your pet. Check out our photo taking tips HERE.
2) Write a fun, short bio sharing what your pet means to you and your family.
3) Go to 2022 GHS Calendar Contest website and register your pet. There is a $20 registration fee, which will kick-start your voting with 20 votes ($1 = 1 vote). All funds raised in the calendar contest will go towards the highest priority needs at GHS. Before entering you pet make sure you read the contest rules HERE.
4) Share your contest page with friends and family through your social media channels! Donations made in support of an animal are valued at one vote for every $1.00 donated. Those who donate $20.00 or more will receive a tax-receipt.
5) The Top 12 pets with the highest number of votes will win a spot in our 2022 calendar. The pet with the most votes will win the front cover image of the calendar & a GHS prize pack!
6) The contest runs all of May!
Contest Opens: Sat. May 1, 9am. Register online.
Contest Closes: Mon. May 31, 8pm
Winning photos will be taken Saturday, June 12th by Laura Wombwell Photography. A backup date for the photoshoot will be Saturday July 10. (due to COVID-19, this date may be subject to change).
Please ensure you are available for these dates prior to entering, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns.
(Bad) Pet Portraits is a brand new GHS fundraising event! Between August 4th and August 27th you can have your pet drawn by a member of our Board of Directors. Are they professional artists? Nope. But that’s what makes it so fun! Submit a photo of your pet online, and get a digital copy of a hand-...Read Moredrawn portrait emailed back to you – so you can share the unique piece of art with family and friends online! Plus…100% of the proceeds go directly towards the animals in our care.
Start saving up your refundable empty cans and bottles! We will be holding our first-ever GHS Bottle Drive at our new building on Saturday, September 11th from 10am-4pm. Spread the word. *Until then, we kindly ask you to not drop off empty bottles and cans until September 11th, as we do not...Read More have a place to store them. Thank you!