A message from GHS regarding COVID-19:
GHS will remain open in order to continue providing vital services to the community. While subject to change, based on information coming from public health and other officials, services will continue as usual until further notice (with exceptions noted below). As always, if you have an animal emergency, please call 519-824-3091. If the call is after hours, please call 1-855-333-3385.
Things to note during this challenging time:
- We have made the difficult decision to cancel our March Break Critter Camp. Participants will receive direct communication from the program coordinator.
- Please do not visit our facility if you or a household member have symptoms, or you have traveled outside Canada.
- Adoptions will remain open with public access to animals restricted to only prospective adopters. Please visit our site at https://guelphhumane.ca/adopt/available-animals/ and learn about available animals.
- We encourage everyone visiting the shelter to wash hands often at any one of our handwashing stations. Our facilities are being regularly disinfected, and ‘hightouch’ areas are being cleaned several times daily.
- We strongly encourage all pet-owners to have an emergency plan in place for their pets. Make sure pets are wearing proper identification; have crates and extra food or supplies on hand; and identify a trusted family member, friend, or pet sitter who can care for your pet if you become ill or are hospitalized.
Our focus is on keeping our team of staff and volunteers healthy throughout this pandemic, in order to ensure we are available to care for our community’s animals. We are all in this together and if we all take these precautions now, we can all do our part to decrease the impact of COVID-19 on Guelph & Wellington County.
GHS will continue to monitor the situation closely and consider further measures, following the advice and leadership of Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health. For more information visit: https://www.wdgpublichealth.ca/your-health/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
Please call us at 519-824-3091 for any further questions or concerns.
Docupet PDF (below) can be downloaded here: DIY Emergency Kit
You can also find this information online at DocuPet HERE.