Each year the Guelph Humane Society serves approximately 3,000 animals in need. The Guelph Humane Society does not receive government funding for the services, existing solely on private funding and public donations!
Bottle Return Program
We gladly accept any wine, beer or spirit containers! Your participation in our recycling program will generate proceeds that will directly benefit the animals in our community!
Shredded Paper and Recycling
We are always in need of newspaper and shredded paper for the animals at the Guelph Humane Society. We no longer accept magazines, flyers, phonebooks, or recyclable papers for donation. If you have large newspapers or shredded papers, you can drop it off at the Guelph Humane Society!
Our Wish List
We gladly accept any form of donations! There are many things we make great use of here at the Guelph Humane Society.
Our Holiday Wishlist items include:
- Heating pads (no auto shut off) and hot water bottles
- Royal Canin Cat, Kitten, and Dog food (dry and wet)
- “Pet Safe” road and sidewalk salt
- Household items: laundry detergent, toilet paper, Kleenex, dish soap, paper towels, rubber gloves, etc.
- Space heaters
- Slip-leads & EasyWalk Dog Harnesses (assorted sizes)
- Gift cards from any pet store, hardware store, grocery store, big-box store, or gas station
- Small-animal toys (for rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.)
- Non-clumping, unscented cat litter
- Small animal water bottles
- Martin’s Brand small-animal food and timothy hay
- PetAg Kitten Milk Replacer (powder)
- Kitchen scales (to weigh tiny kittens in foster-care!)
- Knitted or fleece cat blankets
You can become a member of the Guelph Humane Society by contributing the annual membership fee. Members have the right to vote in general meetings. Please note: You must be a member no less than 90 days prior to a general meeting in order to vote. So, keep your membership current! You also must be over the age of 18 to be a member.
Membership is valid for one year from the date of payment.
For more information on you can help, call the Guelph Humane Society at 519.824.3091 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org